Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that has been used in a range of building materials to make them more rigid and fire resistant. It has also been used in household products such as ironing boards and oven gloves. Asbestos was used extensively as a building material in Great Britain from the 1950s through to the mid 1980s.
Some of areas in your home where you may find asbestos include:
- Between floors and in partition walls
- Eaves gutters and rainwater fall pipes
- Fire blankets
- Floor tiles
- Garage and shed roofs
- Linings for walls, ceilings and doors
- Insulation panels in some storage heaters
- Bath panels
- Central heating flues
It can be very hard to identify asbestos, if you suspect that you are living with asbestos you should not touch it and seek professional advice. Asbestos should never be removed by anyone other than a licensed contractor.
Contact us today and let us take your asbestos worries away!