It is very essential to have a good working environment and an excellent interior in any company. As an employer it is your responsibility to provide your employees with best facilities and good setting. Research shows that employees of companies having excellent interior facilities perform more effectively than those with boring and monotonous interiors. A good interior attracts many potential clients too.
A good workplace need to be comfortable for the staff and welcoming for the clients. It is essential to have the office space suitable both for the staff and clients. Re-organizing your office and making some minor office refurbishment will help you attain that. Below are 10 key components of a successful office refurbishment;
1. Consult all stakeholders and inform them of the adjustments that will be made and how it will impact them.
2. Everyone needs to be involved. Managing directors may have the role of approving designs and charges, financials directors create a budget, office managers could provide valuable input on what the staffs actually want.
3. Choose one individual to be in charge of the whole refurbishment process. The person needs to be responsible, great communicator and experienced. The person should be able to stay within the budget and schedule.
4. Flooring is the foundation of every interior refurbishment. Choose a good flooring material and colour to make your office look elegant and classy. Bad flooring can make everything appear messy. Replace carpet flooring with new ones or if you have tiles or wooden floor get them polished to conceal areas which cannot be repaired.
5. When refurbishing an office, re-paint the walls. A successful refurbishment should reflect more on what the business is all about. You can use a different colour scheme. You can use wallpapers to highlight walls of the office in the best possible way. Different areas of the office need to be painted with diverse colours and themes depending on the role of that section.
6. Worn out furniture need to be replaced or repaired by an expert carpenter. Office furniture tends to become stained, marked or ripped due to daily use.
7. For a successful office refurbishment security has to be considered. Security is a chief concern for any company. Your previous security measures might have become outdated. Ensure you get all the safety tools placed at the appropriate exit spots and according to your renovated office design.
8. Partitioning an office provides many benefits such as privacy. It is very important to keep customer details private and confidential. Partition enables you to work at your desk making it impossible for your co-workers to observe what you are doing. This is very crucial in case you deal with sensitive customer details. Getting a customer’s trust is very essential in any company so ensuring their details safety is crucial in being successful.
9. Having an office partition will also reduce noise thus increasing concentration. It enables workers to concentrate on work than what is going on in the office.
10. A successful refurbishment should be designed for the future. It needs to be able to adapt to future adjustments that could happen at any time. Designing your office in this manner makes your company seem more modern and future oriented to customers and staff.
Author bio: Mark enjoys talking about different office refurbishment projects on behalf of companies such as www.primesolutionsuk.co.uk.