Tag Archives: Can I knock out a load bearing wall?

Do I need a structural engineer?

If you have cracks or your property or it seems to be out of square, is now the time to call a structural engineer? Structural engineers deal with many issues from underpinning to stepped cracking masonry fractures. They can advise on a whole range of issues from land heave to roof spread as well as advising on home improvements like knocking through rooms or giving advice on loft conversions. For most issues they can provide a site visit and a report from just a few hundred pounds. If you compare these costs with the costs of building repairs or re-work their professional fees are a worthwhile investment.